Coating Thickness Gauge for ALL Metal Substrates
Rugged, fully electronic coating thickness gauge that uses magnetic and eddy current principles to measure coating thickness on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, accurately and quickly
- Coating thickness gauge that is ready to measure – no calibration adjustment required for most applications
- Solvent, acid, oil, water, and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Wear resistant ruby probe tip, for long-lasting calibration
- PosiTector interchangeable platform – attach any PosiTector probe to a single gage body
- USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity to PosiSoft PC, Mac, and Smartphone software
For measuring coating thickness on non-metal substrates see PosiTector 200.
Conforms to ISO 2178/2360/2808, ISO 19840, ASTM B244/B499/D1186/D1400/D7091/E376/G12, BS3900-C5, SSPC-PA2 and others
Cabled FNDS Probe for Duplex Coatings
The PosiTector 6000 FNDS probe measures the individual thicknesses of both the paint and the zinc layers in a duplex coating system with a single reading.
Duplex coating systems use a combination of two corrosion protection systems – typically paint or powder coating over galvanized steel (hot-dip, electro or zinc spray metallizing). The resultant corrosion protection is superior to either protection system used independently.
In Duplex mode, the PosiTector 6000 FNDS utilizes both magnetic (ferrous) and eddy current (non-ferrous) principles simultaneously to calculate and display the individual paint and zinc layer thicknesses. The magnetic principle is used to measure the combined paint/zinc thickness over the ferrous substrate, and the eddy current principle is used to measure the paint thickness over the non-ferrous zinc coating. The zinc thickness is calculated by subtracting the paint thickness from the combined paint/zinc thickness measurement.
When disabled, the coating thickness gauge will operate like a conventional combination ferrous/non-ferrous instrument (similar to PosiTector 6000 FNS probe). Ideal for measuring non-magnetic coatings over steel and non-conductive coatings over non-ferrous metal substrates.
Compatible with PosiTector Advanced (serial numbers 730,000+) and PosiTector Standard gauge bodies with a color display. A Simple gauge update may be required.
- Fast measurement speed—60+ readings per minute. Enhanced FAST mode—90+ readings per minute for quick inspection.
- Ready to measure—no adjustment required for most applications
- NEW Larger 2.8″ impact resistant color touchscreen with redesigned keypad for quick menu navigation
- NEW On-gage help explains menu items at the touch of a button
- Flashing display—ideal in a noisy environment
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST or PTB included
- Built-in temperature compensation ensures measurement accuracy
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for precision applications
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- Statistics mode continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max and number of readings while measuring
- NEW Screen Capture—save 100 screen images for record keeping and review
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- NEW Instant-on feature quickly powers up the gage if recently powered down
- NEW Up to 30% longer battery life
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included.
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- Software Updates via web keep your gage current
- Software Solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data
- NEW Weatherproof, dustproof, and water-resistant—IP65-rated enclosure
- NEW Ergonomic design with durable rubberized grip
- Wear-resistant probe tip
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster for added impact resistance
- PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector 6000, 200, DPM, IRT, RTR, SPG, SST, SHD, BHI, and UTG probes easily converting from a coating thickness gage to a dew point meter, surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, ultrasonic wall thickness gage, or hardness tester
- Multiple Calibration adjustment options including 1 point, 2 point, and ISO 19840 correction factors
- Selectable display languages
- NEW Auto rotating display with Flip Lock
- Extended cables available (up to 75 m/250 ft) for underwater or remote measuring
- Mils/Microns/mm switchable