Magnetic Pull-Off Coating Thickness Gage
PosiPen has a very small, unique magnet which can be placed with pin-point accuracy on extremely small parts, and on peaks and valleys. Ideal for measuring non-magnetic coatings such as paint, enamel, plating, and hot-dip galvanizing on steel.
- Can be used on small, hot or hard-to-reach surfaces
- Lightweight – easy to carry, just like a ball point pen
- Rugged – not affected by mechanical shock, acid, oil, water and dust
- No user adjustment required
- Highly wear resistant probe tip for long life and continuous accuracy
How Does It Work?
Step 1. Place the tip of the PosiPen on the coated surface and allow the magnet to contact.
Step 2. Pull the PosiPen straight back from the object to be measured while keeping close watch on the appropriate indicator.
Step 3. Note the reading when the magnet releases.
Triple Indicator Compensates for Gravity
The PosiPen compensates for gravity when measuring in different positions.
1. Use the red/silver joining line when the Gage is horizontal (walls).
2. Use the green line when the Gage is pointing straight down (green/ground).
3. Use the blue line when the Gage is pointing straight up (blue/sky).
- Small, hot or hard-to-reach surfaces
- Spot Checks – conveniently fits in a shirt pocket
- Hot Sprayed Coatings
Refineries, petrochemical plants
Platers – electroplating, chrome, zinc, galvanizing
- Powder coaters